I have definitely slacked off of the blog since school has started. Even with only one class it's preoccuping a lot of my time. I'm also working the rest of the time which doesn't leave me a lot of down time...which is unfortunate but I'll have that next year once I graduate this winter!
So I thought I'd update you on my project I'm working on!
This is the first layer. I focused the first layer on texture.
These are proofs of the first and second. You can't really see the second layer because the blue is too opaque.
These are the official prints for the first layer, I wanted it to vibrant, so I chose a pink and yellow. I rolled different directions so it's not an edition.
Here is a close up of the second layer. I really like the look of it. I just have a few problems.
The rubber I am using is not official linoleum, I have not done layers with this and I didn't realize it stretches when it is printed.
That makes registration pretty difficult. So my print will have to be a bleed, which means no border.
I hand cut the rubber to get three layers, and that was another mistake. They are all different sizes.
Pretty much I was screwed from the beginning. This rubber is not meant to be used for layered prints, so lesson learned! I just hope I can get one decent print to put it in my portfolio!
We are also doing a lantern project that will incorporate into our next project.
I decided to work backwards. There was a project I was working on before I knew about the lantern project, and I decided to a "pattern" based off of my project.
That is why I have a tree and wolf. I don't know if this is the design I will stick with or not but it's a start!
Also I will be going to Vienna, Austria next week with Kevin and I am very excited!
Weekly blog about my life and my printing!