Happy Wednesday!? I got a haircut today. My hair stylist tries so hard to make me care about my hair but I am very low maintenance about it. But I am letting it grow out and he gives me a really nice cut and makes it look pretty...but I have to work tonight. Next time I shouldn't make my appointment the night I work.
I have not been productive...with my art this week. Kind of going thru a stand still. I have sketches I want to put on linoleum.
The first picture is a completed sketch I can put on linoleum ASAP the second image is my inspiration. I want to draw a pistol with flowers coming out. I don't know if I want an old pistol or a modern looking one. I drew both and I like the modern one more. But it doesn't seem like my style...
Easter weekend was fun! I'm not religious but just like Christmas, I love the decorations and food. Kevin's parents brought up ham that was really good, probably the best ham I've ever had. I made a fennel and radish salad and Kevin roasted some potatoes. It was an easy meal and everything tasted great. Oh and I made carrot cake! I didn't get three layers, maybe my cake pans were too big? But the best part of carrot cake is the cream cheese frosting (duh). Can I just bake all the time and make crafts? Like Martha? But my crafts you can actually do without swearing like a sailor and wasting three hours of your life.
I made Kevin hunt for an Easter basket and he was surprisingly willing to hunt for it. haha. (He found it.)
Still exercising and not really eating healthy...aha. I think if I could control my diet better I would lose weight a lot faster. But, you know, food. I do cardio everyday. I try to alternate intensity. And I am still doing the 30 day challenges, which I finished the Legs and Butt challenges and everything is toned, I haven't been this happy with my body since like 3rd grade.
Blogilates new 30 day challenge is focused on arms! Arms are my weakness. I can't even do a full push up. So we will see how this goes.
Working out is becoming something that is just part of my routine. Just like how you have to eat or sleep. I'm not saying I'm like looking forward to it like I would eating a piece of pizza but I feel weird if I don't. Dedicating 20 minutes even when it's a busy day is better than nothing. And now that it's FINALLY getting warm, I can hike!
So since I did Tv shows last week, I figured I could do movies next.
Top Ten Movies
1. Pride and Prejudice (2005) - This movie makes my heart hurt it's so beautiful. Plus Kiera Knightly in any period piece is always excellent.
2. Social Network - I like David Fincher. I always like how scenes are set up in his movies. I consider this movie pretty perfect. How they build up the story, how you kinda root for Zuckerberg but you don't really want to. And you just want to hug Eduardo. And Justin Timberlake does a really good job.
3. Wall-E - The ability to make robots cute and loveable is amazing.
4. City of God - This movie is violent but visually stunning. The story sticks with you after you watch it.
5. Godfather - I love this movie. I love the story. Al Pacino.
6. Titanic - ok the script isn't that good. But baby Leo! And Kate Winslet is beautiful. And the visual effects were really good.
7. Dear Zachary - This movie left me crying hardcore. It ripped my heart out. And I think that's incredible, that a movie can make you feel that way.
8. Francis Ha - Greta Gerwig is a favorite of mine. She's fun and witty. I like that this movie is in black and white. And it's just about her trying to figure shit out, which I can relate to. I like the simplicity of this movie.
9. All About Eve - Now this movie is perfect. Bette Davis is wonderful. She's fierce but vulnerable and her voice. UGH.
10. Mildred Pierce (1945) - Joan Crawford was kinda crazy but she could act. And I remember when I first watched this movie and I was in awe. And it has such an important message, a woman fighting for her spot in this world (while dealing with a spoiled bratty evil daughter). I love this movie. I want to watch it again soon.
Of course there are plenty more. I recently just watched Whiplash, which I really enjoyed. And the Imitation Game which was also beautifully done.
Weekly blog about my life and my printing!