Well hello! I went back to Pittsburgh over the weekend! My dad is turning my room into a home office so I had to clean out all my stuff. I went down nostalgia lane. Old notes, photos, and cards. Some of it I kept but most needed to be thrown away. I kept all of my children's books because I just couldn't give them away, I loved them so much.
But the reason I actually went home was for my very first Opera! Carmen. I knew some of the songs, (because of Hey Arnold which I now love this episode even more). We were in the third row! The singing was great the music was amazing. Overall enjoyed it, pretty long though, there were two 20 minute intermissions.
I came back to State College on Monday, so in my head I feel like I am a day behind.
I printed yesterday! I had to get creative with laying out the prints.
Having my "studio" in the living room makes it interesting. I have to use the kitchen sink to clean my prints. I can't really leave things lying around because I live with two other people that don't want to see my stuff everywhere. I don't have a lot of space which does constrain me but I also feel pretty silly even complaining about space because I have press! And I am so incredibly lucky to even have this machine.
Here they are! They are up on etsy. I really like how they turned out. I haven't printed on nice paper in so long, it was lovely. I used somerset, soaks up ink nicely. These are not editions. I probably won't ever make editions except when I finally do a reduction print or it's ginormous and I am a super elite printmaker. (bahaha.)
I think that's about it for this week. I have no new artist to talk about, I have not searched for anything lately, whoops.
I can talk about tv shows real quick. Now let me put this out there, I watch WAY too much television. You give me netflix, I take advantage. Also when I am working on sketching or printing I watch netflix. It's a sickness but I have no shame. I'll talk about 10 tv shows that I love.
1. Girls - Season 4 was amazing and a lot of fun. Are the characters annoying and selfish? Absolutely. The whole Adam/Hannah thing is getting old. Marnie is just plain awful. But Lena Dunham is able to throw humor in when you least expect it and I think about the episode long after I've watched it. Also how they hell are they affording to live in NYC?????
2. Parks and Recreation - OMG this show. THIS SHOW. I love every single one of these characters. They were perfect, I connected to every character. Amy Poehler is a genius. I didn't think a show could be so funny and adorable at the same time. I am so sad it's over.
3. Outlander - I was late to the game on this show. But I am so glad I found it. I don't have showtime but my parents do so I watched the entire season in one weekend...I want to read the books eventually. I am sucker for period type shows.
4. Game of Thrones - Which takes me to this show, which I also started to watch towards the end of their first season. Ned Stark, The Red Wedding, Jon Snow, Aria Stark, that head squishing scene oh and poor poor Theon Greyjoy. This show makes you fall in love with the characters and then you get to watch horrible things happen to them! How exciting. But really Tyrion Lannister is the best.
5. Breaking Bad - Talk about binge watching a tv show, I went thru a season a week. This show is smart and the amount of detail that went into this show just blows my mind. The end of each season always left me in awe and the end of the series was very good. I had no complaints.
6. Mad Men - Jon Hamm! Another AMC show I am in awe of. The whole disappearing for a year between seasons is annoying. And making Betty fat made absolutely no sense to me because that woman could never be fat if she tried. The "end of an era" starts on April 5 and I am so excited to see how it ends.
7. Parenthood - If you ever want to watch a show that makes you cry every episode watch Parenthood! What I really enjoyed about this show was it felt like actual family. They would talk over each other, which all families do, and they went thru problems that all families go through but it didn't approach it the way Full House would with "now heres the lesson" music. It's not cheesy and the acting is really good. I wanted to be a Braverman.
8. Scandal - Okay, my love for this show is kind of dying. You're all wrapped up in the affair with Olivia and Fitz and then you have the fixed vote or whatever drama and then beautiful Jake comes into the picture and Olivia's dad literally steals the show every time he's in an episode. I don't know, I just seem to not care about these characters anymore. It's getting exhausting.
9. How to Get Away with Murder - Viola Davis completely deserves a show. She is badass. The show was fun and exciting. You finally figure out who killed that girls name I cannot remember. And I guess I am okay with how the season ended? Cause now we get to wait to figure out who killed the new victim (I don't want to ruin it for anyone that hasn't watched it yet!)
10. United States of Tara - Toni Collette is so freaking talented. If anyone has netflix I would suggest watching this show. I am very bummed that there are only three seasons of this show. I wanted more.
Honorable Mentions : Walking Dead, Sex and the City, Seinfeld, Friends, Archer, Bob's Burgers, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
Did I scare you with how much tv I watch? I kind of did...
Have a good week!
Weekly blog about my life and my printing!